Who are Durham Pointers?
Durham Pointers – Here to Help
Who are we?
- are a group of 50 volunteers who give our time, enthusiasm and expertise for free
- have delivered the City’s unique mobile welcoming, information and signposting service in the City Centre since 2012
- work between 9.30am and 3.30pm Monday – Friday; 11.00am and 3.00pm Saturday and Sunday in 2 hour shifts once a fortnight from Mid May to end of September and for special events throughout the year
- regularly update our information, resources and training and work with other city tourism attractions and partners
- pride ourselves in our knowledge of, and passion for, the City. We have received praise and thanks from home and abroad and have won a regional tourism award for our work
- operate a coach Meet and Greet service to welcome parties of visitors to the City
Where will you find a Pointer?
Our volunteers are located in the middle of the Market Place wearing their distinctive pink tabards. They also cover Millennium Place, Elvet and Framwellgate Bridges plus the Coach Drop Off Point in Freeman’s Place.